Eating healthily, and keeping ourselves fit and balanced is something that we all strive for every day. From eating healthy to regular workouts, diets, better sleep, and much more, we try to navigate our days as stress-free as possible. But sometimes, even doing all this wouldn’t be enough to bring in that boost we need or enhance our body’s wellness to deal with the hectic lifestyle, stress, dietary deficiencies, poor sleep, etc. And that’s where supplements come in. The use of dietary supplements and vitamins has been steadily increasing all over the world in the wake of coronavirus COVID-19 in 2019 in most countries.
Vitamins & supplements not just fill our nutrient gaps but have the ability to increase our wellness. It’s not enough to slather on moisturizer, sunscreen, and the latest anti-wrinkle cream in the quest for a more beautiful and youthful look. You need to be healthy from the inside too. Check out these vitamins and supplements Solgar that everyone should consider taking:
1) VITAMIN D: Vitamin D, or the so-called sunshine vitamin, is mainly known for its bone health benefits as it is vital for strong bones. It is a fat-soluble vitamin that our body can produce when exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays. From supporting us to having a healthy immune system to having strong bones and teeth, vitamin D helps with the calcium absorption process.
Other Benefits of Vitamin D:
- Strengthens your bones
- Help strengthen muscles
- Fight inflammation & support the immune system
- Support oral health
- Help prevent type 1 and type 2 diabetes, hypertension
So, taking a vitamin D supplement is one of the easiest ways to ensure you aren’t missing out on the benefits of this highly essential vitamin.
Solgar Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) -Vegetable Capsules: This formulation provides premium Vitamin D3 vegetable capsules that are convenient, & easy to swallow. It promotes calcium absorption, strengthens bones and teeth, & supports the immune system. As a dietary vitamin supplement, it’s better to have 1 tablet (adults) daily, preferably with a meal or as directed by your doctor. Solgar® Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) -Vegetable Capsules are available in 2200, 5000, and 10,000 IUs.
Solgar® Vitamin D3 Softgels: The Solgar® Vitamin D3 soft gel taken daily helps you maintain good general health, optimal nerve, and muscle function & strong bones and teeth. As vitamin D is fat-soluble, these oil-based soft gels can be easily swallowed and absorbable. Solgar® Vitamin D3 Softgels are available in 1000, 5000, and 10,000 IUs.
2) B-COMPLEX VITAMINS: As the name suggests, the vitamin B complex comprises eight B vitamins- B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B5 (Pantothenic Acid), B6 (Pyridoxine), B7 (Biotin), B9 (Folate), B12 (Cobalamin). From maintaining your overall health and well-being to keeping your immune system strong, preventing infections, and helping you stay healthy during this pandemic, the Vitamin B complex has a lot of benefits.
Other Benefits of Vitamin-B Complex:
- Strengthen immune system, & thereby prevent infections
- Support the growth of RBC
- Helps in nerve & brain function
- Boosts cardiovascular health & improves energy levels
- Helps in, digestion
- Supports the production of cholesterol & hormones
- Help in fetal brain development
Here are one of the most-trusted vitamin B-vitamin supplements available on market today:
Solgar B-Complex '100' Vegetable Capsules: Intake of this dietary supplement daily 1 (adults), helps in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, which in turn converts food into energy. Made with ingredients like vegetable cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate, and silica, this vitamin-B complex capsule is the best way to ensure enough cellular energy-supporting nutrients in your body.
3) ZINC: We all might be familiar with zinc’s role in supporting our immune system but this unique element with high anti-oxidant properties is necessary for the functioning of 100s of enzymes and many other critical functions in our body. From protein synthesis to cellular metabolism, immune function, vision, senses of smell and taste, supporting a healthy pregnancy, and creation of DNA, zinc is very essential. For men, it’s 11 mg and for women, it’s 8 mg zinc is required through diet. And one thing you need to note is that high-dose of zinc supplements can lead to dangerous side effects, so only take supplements when necessary and recommended by your doctor.
Other Benefits of Zinc:
- Helps in cell growth & division, DNA synthesis, and protein production
- Accelerates wound healing
- Reduce the risk of certain age-related diseases
- Help Treat Acne
All these might leave you wondering which zinc supplement should you take. Well, here’s the answer:
Solgar Chelated Zinc: The Solgar ® Chelated Zinc Tablets is one of the premium quality zinc supplements available in the market which is highly absorbable. This key nutrient is vital for many functions including healthy skin, hair, and nails, fighting free radicals, contributing to a healthy immune system, carbohydrate metabolism, fertility and reproduction, cognitive function, maintaining testosterone levels, and much more. Intake of one tablet daily for adults is what is recommended for best results.
This solgar vitamin supplement is made of ingredients including microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose, di-calcium phosphate, vegetable magnesium stearate, silica, and vegetable stearic acid. It is completely vegan, non-GMO, and dairy-free.
Although vitamins and supplements are a great source to having a healthy diet, everyone is different, and therefore, each one of us has unique health requirements. Your health should never be approached from a one-size-fits-all mindset, therefore taking the right vitamins and supplements at the right amount and time is very important as it could fill nutrient gaps in your body and greatly boost your health. So, before creating a personalized vitamin & supplement routine make sure you consult a health practitioner to understand and make sure you’re taking what’s best for your body.
Want to shop for vitamins and supplements online? Aesthetic Today, the online shopping hub in the UAE is a premium beauty website that offers a wide range of vitamins and supplements from Solgar, a brand that is committed to quality health, and well-being. With a wide range of health products, we take a holistic approach, providing our customers with the best products, that enhance their health and well-being.